Want to learn more about Community Family Life Services in an engaging way?
Watch this video - a message of success through Mind, Body, and Spirit from our clients, staff and board members!
The Community Family Life Services is a nonprofit that provides children, families, and adults with the tools they need to move themselves beyond poverty and homelessness and also supports women who are returning home following a period of incarceration by assisting them as they move into permanent self-sufficiency. CFLS has two primary goals: to provide short-term crisis assistance; and to empower individuals and families to change their lives over the long term. Our programs and services include transitional housing, mentoring for individuals and families, employment coaching and placement, case management, family education, and emergency services such as food and clothing distribution.
Community Family Life Services mission is to provide homeless adults, families, and women reentry with the tools and support they need to reconnect with their families and live life to their full potential.
CFLS has two primary goals: to provide short-term crisis assistance; and to empower women and families to change their lives over the long term. We achieve this mission through an interconnected web of programs and services.
- Transitional housing for women and families who are homeless.
- Emergency food and clothing to meet the most basic necessities of life for homeless and low income individuals and families as well as for women returning home after a period of incarceration.
- Case management for individuals living with HIV or AIDS to insure they have access to and utilize necessary medical, mental health, and other supportive services.
- Employability development and job placement to help individuals reach their career goals through assistance with job searches, resumes and cover letters.
- Support services including life skill development and substance abuse counseling.
- Mentoring provided by trained and experienced volunteers for women returning from prison or jail to facilitate their linkage to positive social support systems.
- Parenting Workshops to identify family strengths and to facilitate family life development.
For additional information please contact our development office at 202-864-6302 or via email at BWashington@cflsdc.org.